Today, the railway industry is on the verge of a new exciting era of innovation and automation that will take safety, energy-efficiency and users to the next level.
CertX independent product certifications, assessments and inspections help customers to assure that their new railway systems are safe, compliant with the applicable norms and ready to be approved by the railway authorities.
“The safety of the people shall be the highest law." – Marcus Tullius Cicero, Roman philosopher born in 106 BC
Independent Safety Assessment – ISA
CertX independent inspections or product certifications help you to assure that your railway systems are safe, compliant with the applicable norms.
Our ISA (Independent Safety Assessment) services are a pre-requisites for the approval by the railway authorities.
We cover the principal regulations for safety in railways:
- EN 50126 – Specification and demonstration of RAMS
- EN 50128 – Software for railway control and protection systems
- EN 50129 – Safety related electronic systems for signalling
- EN 50657- Software on Board Rolling Stock
- IEC 62443 – Cybersecurity
We certify or inspect your locomotives, EMUs, DMUs, metros, on-track machines, fixed installations or their subsystems (door control systems, brake controls, train control monitoring systems, signalling, etc.).
Learn more about our product inspection & certification process.
Assessment Body – AsBo
CertX offers Assessment Body (AsBo) services through Europe to ensure that your organisation has applied the Common Safety Method (CSM) process adequately and your change can be introduced in the railway system safely according to
- EC Reg. 352/2009
- EU Reg. 402/2013
Our assessment services may be applied into a variety of changes e.g.
- refurbishments of existing vehicles,
- new maintenance techniques and processes
- integration of new components,
- introduction of new vehicles in a line,
- upgrades of signalling systems,
- use of new on-track machines,
- increasing a line’s operation speed,
- changes in organisation, etc.
EU Regulation 402/2013 defines a process to evaluate and mitigate risks before any change is introduced into the railway system. This process is well known as CSM (Common Safety Method for Risk Evaluation and Assessment).
The purpose of the CSM on risk evaluation and assessment is to maintain or to improve the level of safety on the European railways and is applicable to any change within the railway system. These changes may be of a technical (e.g. change in the doors system), operational (e.g. increased speed in a line) or organisational nature.
The correct application of the CSM shall be assessed by an independent assessor also known as Assessment Body.
RAMS Training Courses
CertX increases the RAMS competencies of your team members through several training courses and qualification schemes.
- RAMS awareness. Introduction to Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety.
- RAMS course (EN 50126, EN 50128 and EN 501029).
- Common Safety Methods (CSMs).
CertX experts can also provide customized and in-house training to meet your specific needs for qualifying your staff.
See more details about our qualification scheme at our training & person certification process page.