Starting form very small applications for surveillance, mid sized transportation drones for urgent parcel delivery up to very large scale and man-carrying vehicles unmanned arial vehicles (UAV) are challenging existing applications and offering new business propositions.
Switzerland is being amongst the most advanced countries with respect to practical drone operations.
New rules of EASA coming into force beginning of 2020 will provide clear guidelines for the operations and certification of UAVs. We can offer experience and support to make your drone fly.
CertX with its unique combination of aerospace know-how combined with in-depth expertise of automated systems can support your drone application or service.
- The rules for a specific drone operation apply for almost all relevant commercial operations.
- Authorization by the National Airworthiness Authority will be done based on a Specific Operational Risk Assessment (SORA)
- CertX can provide support to defined the required SAIL level and support the SORA documentation
Industrial applications need approval for operation:
A SORA case will have to be prepared by the operator with the airworthiness authorities approving or rejecting the case.
Currently there is not (yet) a standardized practice of approval procedure and material requested.
Approval is given on a case by case basis depending on the application by the operator.
CertX can support the approval using an expertise from all required domains and assists in defining necessary technical requirements for the drone itself.
SORA (specific operational risk assessment) is a risk assessements (similiar to functional safety analysis) based on multidisciplinary view on the specific operation, such as:
- Prepare or check drone specification
- Assessment according to technical standards incl. functional tests
- Consult operator for SORA preparation, verify documentation.
- Interface with the NAA(National Airworthiness Authority)
- QM surveillance and approval
- Cybersecurity certification
- Define necessary requirements and related test
- Conduct tests together with partner network
- Drone parachutes are very practical way of mitigating risks for drone operations.
- The ATSM F 3322 standards defines the design and test of a parachute for drones
- CertX can offer its services to act as an Third Party Test Agency (TPTA) as defined in the ATSM standard
Systems for autonomous flight (datalink, sense & avoid) may receive an independent approval.
Certified drones will need special certification for autonomous systems acc. to industry standards e.g. for machinery or automotive.
We may support you in defining with EASA the required mean of compliance for your drone or operation. We certify systems acc. to industry standards as a pre-requiste for approval by the authorities.