Starting from very small applications for surveillance, mid-sized transportation drones for urgent parcel delivery up to very large scale and man-carrying vehicles unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) are challenging existing applications and offering new business propositions.
CertX with its unique combination of aerospace know-how combined with in-depth expertise of automated systems.
We support your drone application or service.
- The open category does apply to leisure drones and small industrial applications to be used in a line-of-sight operation or under observation.
- The EN 4709 standard defines the technical requirements to comply with the EU directive and the CE marking directive.
- As co-authors of this standard CertX we can help you to demonstrate compliance.
A SORA case will have to be prepared by the operator for the approval by the airworthiness authorities.
CertX can support the SORA approval and check the technical readiness of the drone for the intended mission.
SORA (specific operational risk assessment) is a risk assessment (similar to functional safety analysis) based on a multidisciplinary view on the specific operation, such as:
- Assessment of drone and equipment according to technical standards incl. functional tests
- Interface with the NAA (National Airworthiness Authority)
- Cybersecurity check
- The ATSM F 3322 standards define the design and test of a parachute for drones
- CertX can offer its services to act as a Third-Party Test Agency (TPTA) as defined in the ATSM standard.
We may support you in defining with EASA the required mean of compliance for your drone or operation. We certify systems acc. to industry standards as a pre-requisite for approval by the authorities.