This training is the first step for entering in the functional safety world. It provides the basics of safety and reliability that are used in each and every domain related to functional safety but also gives a introduction to the methods that can be applied in each domain to assess the quality of the product design.
- Structure of standards, their relations and differences
- Selection of the correct standard according to the product specification
- ISO 12100 Risk assessment and risk reduction
- ISO 13849 and IEC 62021 Hazard and risk analysis
- SIL / PL
- Categories vs Sub-systems
- Design assessment (MTTF, DC, CCF)
- Sources of failure rates data
- Risk analysis methods (RGA / LOPA / HAZOP / ALARP…)
- Design assessment according to the different standards
- FMEA / FMEDA
This training is enhanced with personal exercises during the different phases in order to improve assimilation of information.