▪ Introduction to the Explosive Atmospheres “ATEX”
▪ Review of explosion principles, gas properties and hazards (EXF concepts)
▪ Protection Concepts and installations techniques for Types of Protection Ex d, Ex e, Ex n, Ex i, Ex o, Ex t, Ex m, Ex q, and Ex p Equipment
▪ Combined (Hybrid) types of protection
▪ Source of ignition
▪ ATEX Legislative Framework:
– Directive 2014/34/UE: equipment and protection systems, groups and categories, conformity of electrical and mechanical equipment, documentation, changes and impact analysis with previous directive 94/9/CE on European market, economical operators, conformity and validity of old certificates;
– ATEX 99/92/CE : risks from explosive atmospheres, hazardous area classification, minimum requirements for improving the safety and health protection of workers potentially at risk from explosive atmospheres.
▪ Equipment Protection Level – EPL
▪ Requirements and marking according to IEC 60079-series of standards
▪ Requirements and marking according to IEC 80079-series of standards
▪ Management System requirements according to I EC 80079-34
▪ Wiring systems, enclosure entries, and cable gland selection & installation to IEC 60079-14
▪ Inspection and maintenance of equipment to IEC 60079-14 and 60079-17 standards
▪ Hands-on assessment of installation and inspection -Ex d, Ex e
▪ Free Discussion and Q&A.