Automotive/Autonomous Vehicle Functional Safety Assessor / Research Engineer
We are looking to strengthen our team us in our office in Marly, Switzerland in the canton of Fribourg close to the Swiss capital of Bern with a passionate safety and security engineer to join us as:
Automotive/Autonomous Vehicle Functional Safety Assessor
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Conduct functional safety assessments according to ISO 26262
- Working in certification projects under the supervision of the lead assessor
- Keep abreast of new functional safety standards and developments in functional safety practices and technologies such as ISO 21448 (SOTIF) and ISO 21434
- Support functional safety assessments, audits and certifications in other domains, e.g. for IEC 61508, IEC 61511, ISO 13849, IEC 62061, IEC 61496, IEC 62304
- Participating and conducting international research projects for autonomous vehicles
Educational / Professional Qualifications:
- Studies in either informatics, telecommunications, electrical engineering or similar sciences in with confirmed analytical competencies (Master, PhD or equivalent).
- 3 years’ experience in relevant industry projects in the automotive functional safety domain.
- Certification by a recognized institute as functional safety expert or demonstrated work experience
- In depth knowledge of the functional safety standard ISO 26262
- Knowledge in upcoming standards such as ISO 21448 (SOTIF)
- Knowledge in other functional safety and / or cybersecurity standards such as IEC 61508, IEC 61511, ISO 13849, ISO 21434 or IEC 62443 is a strong plus
- Experience in auditing, certifications and/or assessments of functional safety in applied products related to automotive (as applicant or as assessor/auditor)
- Experience in design and production aspects in products related to functional safety.
- Ability to handle the customer relationships during a project.
- Dynamic and self-starting personality.
- Ready to work in a dynamic start-up environment with a spirit of entrepreneurship.
- Have a passion for safety and security.
- Ready to grow with us.
- Excellent communication skills in English (min. proficient user – C1)
- German and / or French language skills are a strong plus.